Monday, June 10, 2013

White Chair Makeover

Recently I shared a Carver Chair makeover that was one of a bunch of chairs I'd picked up from a lady to a garage clean out. Part of the haul were two of these chairs... there is probably a professional name for them (I think they're Windsor chairs) but I call them kitchen chairs. They've sat around for a little while, but I finally got on to the first one of them a week or so ago...

 photo greyandwhitechair2_zps3dc95674.jpg

I really wanted a heavily distressed look for this chair, so I used home made chalk paint and then went crazy with the sanding. I seem to go through stages, and distressed is my stage at the moment ;) And I think it suits this style of chair, with all her curves I think the peak of wood through the paint works well.

 photo greyampwhitechair3_zpsc46fc089.jpg

I went with a faded grey and white stripe for the seat which I love. I have enough of the fabric left over and am tempted to do the other one the same. We'll see  :)

 photo greyandwhitechair_zps692eef58.jpg

For the locals I thought I should mention that I won't be heading to Avoca Beachside Markets this month. I needed a rest from churning out enough pieces to fill my stall in the month, and decided to give my sister a rest too. Bronwyn has come to almost every market since I started, driving over an hour to get here, help me pack the two cars, listening to me get nervous and second guessing everything, spending the day, packing up at the end of it, and then driving home again. I definitely wouldn't be able to do it without her help, and I know it takes up a whole weekend for her. THANK YOU BRONWYN!!! So I'll still have pieces for sale on-line, via my For Sale page or my Facebook Page, and I'll be back again in July.

Thanks for stopping by...








I'm sharing at...
Twelveoeight
Not Just a Housewife
Domestically Speaking
DIY By Design 
Miss Mustard Seed
The Shabby Nest

10 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous, love the grey and white stripe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta' love sisters don't you? Chair looks fab, perfect distressing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute! i love the striped fabric and love the finish on these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chair Catherine, I'm sure a pair would be super cute and perfect for someone that wanted a set to go with a small table on the balcony or whatever.

    Good for you for taking a break from the markets, I know how hard they are! Lucky you having a sister to help out and share the nerves with...I don't have a sister but know what the nerves are like too!

    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute as, love the grey stripe fabric Catherine :) Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gorgeous!! The distressing is perfect and love the neutral colours! I call that style kitchen chairs too ;-)
    Cheers to Bronwyn from me too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chair looks great! Love the gray & white striped seat too! Saw you at twelveOeight :)
    Blesings,
    Nicole
    http://coleyscraftingcorner.blogspot.com/2013/06/kitchen-upgrade.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the chair! I saw the chair at "Show Me What Ya Got" and wanted to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty Catherine! Love the distressing and the cushion is adorable!
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the gray and white... very pretty! I'm featuring your chair in this week's PoPP Spotlight. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...