Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Queen Anne Table

I love Queen Anne furniture - it's the legs that get me. The thing is, whenever I see it it's nearly always white, and I wanted to try something different. So I went the opposite...

 photo QueenAnneTable_zps11395e00.jpg

As soon as I saw this piece in the op shop I new I wanted it, even though it was a bit more than I usually spend. I'm almost tempted to keep it, but I do love my current one too... Here's a before picture with the sold sticker still on top! Great condition, hence the price ;)

 photo queenannetable2_zps3d5c262d.jpg

I'm loving black at the moment; after my industrial style captains chair makeover  and the great reception it got I've been thinking about where else I could use it. Sure, it's not for everyone, but I like this twist on the traditional style.

 photo QueenAnneTable3_zps925f1c96.jpg

I also love the way it distresses...

 photo QueenAnneTable4_zps7441dd0a.jpg

It's bedside / night stand size, but I like it as a hall table. With a big black mirror it gives a more industrial vintage style that I'm liking!

Thanks for stopping by...






I'm sharing at
Primitive & Proper
Live Laugh Rowe
Redoux 
Miss Mustard Seed
Simple Home Life
Too Much Time on my Hands

9 comments:

  1. oh now that is just lovely! i love the shape and the finish you gave it is striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect!! I'm so glad you didn't go white with this one! Love it so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, I think black was a nice choice. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful table! Love your choice of color, looks so classy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with you about the legs, they get me every time too. Great job.

    Peggy @ southscapedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I really like it!
    It's very unusual to find one in such good shape......
    I never seem to find anything this exciting at my local op shop!!!
    Have a lovely Friday night......
    Tania xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOH AHHHH Catherine! Congratulations on a stunning piece! Im Lovin this:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, I love the legs too. The black is unusual but makes it look so classy. Great work.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...