It worked out to be great timing, because I was thinking about a post about me this weekend, and now I have a reason for it! So here goes...
First up I need to list 11 facts about myself...
2. I have two children, Emma and Harry. Lights of my life.
4. When I was in my twenties I packed up everything and moved to a little place called Alstonville (for those who know New South Wales Australia it's near Byron Bay) for a year.
5. I am definitely not one of those people that can eat a biscuit or two and then put them away. I'm a whole packet kind of girl, unless someone is there to stop me, or we have company. :)
6. In high school one of my teachers told me that I needed to adjust my expectations and that I wouldn't do very well in the HSC (leaving certificate). So I topped the subject for the school, achieved a mark within the top 10% of the state and told him what he could do with his opinion.
7. My favourite colour is purple, but I don't decorate my home with it or wear it.
8. I prefer op shopping over retail shopping anyday!
9. On our bush fire plan I wanted to include my vintage typewriter on the 'take' list. DK wasn't as keen.
10. My first adult book was The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien. I had no idea this type of book existed and it was love. Along with Lord of the Rings it's my favourite book, the Lord of the Rings Trilogy my favourite movie. If Aragorn ever turns up on my door stop DK is aware that I all bets are off.
11. I use the word 'cool' far more than I should.
1. If you could have dinner with anyone, alive or dead, who would it be?
My Dad. Dad passed away in 2009 and I miss him, and I would love him to meet my son Harry.
2. What kind of animal do you resemble most?
I have no idea. Emma (4) said 'A funny sheep'. It could have been worse I guess.
3. Do you yell at other drivers from inside your car when traffic is bad?
4. If you could go back in time and listen to someone's advice (that you ignored before), what would that advise be?
Anyone who said my high school boyfriend was no good.
5. What kind of music do you like?
You have a 70's and 80's tragic right here.
6. If you had a whole day to yourself without any obligations what would you do?
Op shop of course!
7. If you could learn a new language which one would you choose and why?
Teenager - in preparation for the future.
8. Who is your role model?
A million different people. My friends, family members. My children.
9. What actor or actress would play you in a movie?
I would love to have lived a life that Dame Judy Dench or Helen Mirren might want to portray. More age appropriate might be Kate Winslett or Renee Zellwegger. Bridget Jones Diary comes to mind...
10. How do you want people to remember you after they meet you?
Friendly, open and happy.
11. What is the most important reason that you blog?
A combination of sharing and inspiration.
The next part of the award is to choose some blogs to pass the award on to. I'm going to share that positive stuff next weekend.