Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Two Tone Drop Leaf Table


 photo dropleaftable_zpse125e8e7.jpg

When I found this drop leaf table during an op shop / thrift store shop with my sister, I knew I had to take it home with me. I love the turned legs and think she's a perfect piece of furniture for someone tight on space.

 photo DropLeafTable2_zps1b1c5818.jpg

I went with the same two tone style I used for my coffee table. This time though I used a pale blue grey for the under side, and distressed lightly. I used the same chocolate stain, but this time only gave it one coat to let the wood grain shine through. Here she is again...

 photo dropleaftable3_zpsc9ffffd0.jpg

The table top was in poor condition when I bought her; loads of little scratches and what looked like someones initials in the centre. But with a bit of sanding and some stain, the top has come up beautifully.

 photo dropleaftable4_zpsc6ff4892.jpg

I thought I would leave you with one of my favourite finds. I picked this up at my local tender center - I couldn't believe it when i saw it sitting there; I'd being looking on ebay at them, but they were always out of my price range. She might be dirty, and a few of her keys skewiff, but it's love!

 photo dropleaftable5_zps66551117.jpg

Thanks for stopping by...







I'm sharing at...





Furniture Feature FridaysPhotobucket
Primitive and Proper

Too Much Time On My Hands


 


The Shabby Nest



.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous re-do Catherine!! And how cool is the typewriter?! Awesome find!
    Good on you for getting Facebook up and running - I'm still procrastinating - and for Madeit too!! The world is your oyster and I'm proud of you my friend!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet! i love the fresh white base and the dark top- they are a gorgeous contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so beautiful - and I want that typewriter. Badly.
    Gorgeous makeover!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely - perfect hall table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Our dining room table is two tone white bottom wood top. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful contrast between the top and the bottom! I would love to find a petite little table like that.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...