Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thrifty Thursday

I'm trying to get myself into a regular routine of blogging, exercising both my writing and photography skills, so I'm introducing...

 photo ThriftyThursday_zpsc9343b79.jpg

Every Thursday I'll share what I've seen, found or just generally lusted after! Some big pieces some small, but hopefully inspiration!

If you follow me on Facebook you will have seen this picture. I walked away very sadly, having promised I would not bring any more furniture into our home with getting rid of its predecessor first. So my orange dining table stays in place, but take a look at this beauty!

 photo thriftythursdaya_zps07e0cd2a.jpg

Can't you imagine her reupholstered in chevron or grain sacks or drop cloths? She was in perfect condition, all the chairs were comfy (yes I tried them all) and no wobbles. I'm not saying that I won't go back and look at it again next week, or look lovingly at my husband in an attempt to convincing him...

This one may actually end up in our home sooner rather than later. Harry needs a set of drawers, the poor little man has a set of melamine drawers that have been handed round till they are falling apart. Now I'm getting to the 'just get something else' point, these could be great. And at $30...

 photo thriftythursdayb_zpse76be47c.jpg

This piece has been at my local op shop for a while now. I think it's beautiful, but at $200 I doubt anyone will pounce on it any time soon. It could be lovely though...

 photo thriftythursdayc_zps271cd1f6.jpg

So what did I actually buy? A little side table, and she's going to be yellow!

 photo thriftythursdayd_zpsa866487b.jpg

So what about you - what have you seen, bought or lusted after this week? I'd love to hear about what you've found.

Thanks for stopping by...

1 comment:

  1. i found a beautiful round dining table with a gorgeous carved pedestal leg yesterday but i have enough big pieces at the moment to do up so i left it:( last week i saw a gorgeous desk that i could have done great things with but it was already sold!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...