Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sweet Summer Swing Top

A month or so ago I picked up a pair of soft denim shorts for Emma (for $5, such a bargain!) and had been mulling over a top to make when I found this tutorial at Prudent Baby. The instructions for making a basic top from something already in your wardrobe were easy to follow, and I think the top turned out really well!

 photo swingtop_zps18a43f64.jpg

I've had this fabric for while, another gift from Mum. But I was never completely sold on it, and was really unsure as to what I'd use it for. Now that I see it made up for Emma I think it's perfect - very girly and feminine.

I had thought I'd put a ruffle down the middle, or as in the tutorial a white rectangle and sew the buttons on top (kind of like a bib), but sometimes simple is best right? Two covered buttons and it's so sweet, I didn't want to complicate it.

Now I'm onto a project for Harry...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...