Monday, February 14, 2011

Storage Baskets

I love storage, so when I found a tutorial for storage boxes at jcaroline creative I saved the link ready for the perfect opportunity.

With bub's arrival just around the corner I was thinking about the room and how to decorate it. I really didn't do much for Emma's room, but with a new house I've found a greater interest in decorating. I decided I'd love to do a red theme (which has been a really hard choice - everybody only ever makes baby stuff in pastels!!!) and that the storage boxes would fit perfectly. So here they are...

 photo storagebaskets_zpseace5c81.jpg

This was a little harder than I originally thought - mostly because I thought I could get away with using interfacing instead of the stabiliser listed in the tutorial. And because I used one directional fabric. And because they had a definite horizontal pattern. And because I used ribbon for the handles instead of webbing. But, if you take all this into account, I think they turned out pretty well!

 photo storagebaskets2_zps77d6ff9a.jpg

I must secretly admit that I think this would look great for a boys room, but we'll just have to wait and see! I have a few more projects for the baby's room on the list, so will have to get cracking if I'm going to get it done before March 24!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...