Friday, October 28, 2011

Christmas Stockings

I feel like I have a million projects on the go at the moment and nothing finished! I blame pinterest. I just keep finding new projects! But finally today I have something done! Some Christmas Stockings.

 photo christmasstockings_zps295ece61.jpg

These have actually been hanging around for a while. I wanted one for each of us, big enough that I could put chocolate coins in (who doesn't want chocolate coins at Christmas time right?) and small gifts for everyone; I'm thinking matchbox cars for Harry, play jewellery for Emma and coal for Danny ; ). I tried to use things I already had in the stash rather than spending money, though I did spend a little on glitter.

 photo christmasstockings2_zps38f83167.jpg

I made it up as a went along, but I think they turned out great. We usually have silver decorations for Christmas, so I think these should tie in nicely... just wish we had a mantel to hang them from! But, I did find the perfect plank of wood randomly sitting along the side of the house that I could hang them from. Here's hoping Danny doesn't have any plans for it!


5 comments:

  1. These are so cool, I love the idea of hanging them on a plank!! We don't have a mantel either! Our stockings usually get tucked into drawers of our sideboard, bit of a pain when you want something out of the drawer!!
    Keep the projects coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I just may have a new project to begin before decorating for Christmas! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very cute. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh well done you, you're so organised. I have an advent calendar started but that's it!! Christmas is creeping up, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love making stockings...these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...