Friday, September 16, 2011

Library Bag for Emma

Every Monday fortnight we've been heading to our local library. Emma spends half an hour or so picking out books and DVDs to borrow, which I'm hoping will be the start of a life long love of reading. It's also a free activity that's been great during winter. So far she's been really excited to go, and there haven't been any tantrums about giving the books back at the end of the fortnight (touch wood).

 photo librarybag_zps8ad3147e.jpg

To add to the excitement, I decided to make her a little library bag. It's a messenger style bag, and while there are heaps of tutorials on the net I decided I would just give it a go myself!

 photo librarybag2_zps6e39b816.jpg

I lined the bag in purple polka dots, and put a small pocket inside for our library card and the receipt that reminds me when I need to take the books back.

 photo librarybag3_zps2bf716ea.jpg

I attached the strap on the outside, thinking that as she gets bigger I can just take that one off and put on another, longer one, if I want to.

Love the Ikea material again, it will probably be making one more appearance in a yet to be decided project (I have just a little left!).

Catherine


1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...