Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Curtains and cushions and bedding...oh my!

I've added a few soft furnishings to Emma's room - it's just about 'finished'.

 photo RuffleCurtains_zps9a64575b.jpg

When I saw these ruffled curtains on Pinterest I knew they were perfect for Emmas' room. Besserina provides an amazing tutorial; I bought some pre-made curtains at Spotlight for $18 (yay!!) and bought some extra calico to make the ruffles. I'll admit it did take me a while to get all those ruffles ironed and sewn onto the curtains, and very red hands after scrunching them, but I love the result!

The sewing machine really has been getting a work out this week...

 photo rufflecurtains2_zps8d2ea973.jpg

I've also made up two cushions to sit on Emma's bed; I used some left over calico and ribbon for the union jack inspired one, and some very soft blanket for her name pillow. All these are ready to match a bedspread that is sitting on the sewing machine. Shall I give you a sneak peak?... Of course!

 photo rufflecurtains3_zps595976ad.jpg

Vintage chenille! I'm in love. One of Mum's friends was throwing it away (gasp!!). Thank goodness we found it! I'm hoping it will make a gorgeous bed spread, I just need to work out how to do it.

So I'm feeling like Emma's room is coming along OK, slowly, but OK. I've got an idea for a bed side table, some storage / shelving, and reading lamp and bookshelves that should take me... oh, who knows!!!

So, did you set home/craft/project goals for 2012? How are you going with them?

Thanks for stopping by!


I'm sharing at
The Habby Goddess
Not Just a Housewife
Sugar Bee Crafts
Tip Junkie 
livelaughrowe 
The Shabby Nest

4 comments:

  1. love those curtains! they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those ruffles!! You are one patient person Catherine!!
    It's all coming along nicely...you are doing a fantastic job and it'll all get done when it happens;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found you at Infarrantly Creative, and I love your blog!!! I know that I'll be stopping back here! Especially since I'm a teacher, and am really looking forward to getting my craft on for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty room! I am in love with the vintage chenille too :) Love the wall mural too!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...