Thursday, February 17, 2011

Gorgeous Gifts

At the end of last year I was looking for something quick and easy to make friends for Christmas... and I found these.

 photo gorgeousgifts_zpsd98119e2.jpg

The tutorials for the key ring and tissue holder are really easy and great for scraps (and for practicing sewing a straight line!) I love the idea that the key ring chain (the material bit) can be slipped over your wrist or hung easily on a hook. And my tissues are always ending up all shredded and dirty, so putting them in the holder protects them, and looks gorgeous at the same time.

The key ring is from The Idea Room, and the tutorial can be found here. This has got to be another one of my favourite blogs as their are heaps of great tutorials, and her instructions are clear and easy. I also love her fabric choices - helps me think outside the square and not get too matchy.

 photo gorgeousgifts2_zps9f4373d8.jpg

The tissue holder is from Whip Up and the tutorial is here. Again, another easy one, and I think together they make a cute pressie for someones handbag. The one above is for my sister's birthday tomorrow so I hope she'll like it!

Now I just need to get around to making one for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...